Synopses & Reviews
A menagerie of deadly monsters for the world's greatest roleplaying game
The Monster Manual presents a horde of classic Dungeons & Dragons creatures, including dragons, giants, mind flayers, and beholders-a monstrous feast for Dungeon Masters ready to challenge their players and populate their adventures.
The monsters contained herein are culled from the D&D game's illustrious history, with easy-to-use game statistics and thrilling stories to feed your imagination.
The leader in providing contemporary fantasy entertainment, Dungeons & Dragons is the wellspring for the entire modern game industry, digital as well as analog. This newest edition draws from every prior edition to create a universally compelling play experience, and exemplifies the true spirit of a game that holds captive the hearts and minds of millions of players worldwide.
- The second of three core rulebooks, this book details all manner of creatures that characters might encounter over the course of their adventures.
- An essential resource for Dungeon Masters to use in populating any type of challenge they might contrive for their players.
- Created as part of a massive public playtest involving more than 170,000 fans of the game.
Fill your Dungeons & Dragons games with deadly monsters from the Monster Manual.
The Monster Manual teaches you how to how to fill your Dungeons & Dragons games with monsters--how to populate the game with pesky goblins and mighty dragons for players to battle or beguile, outwit or outrun.
Inside the Monster Manual you'll find more than 150 classic D&D creatures, with vivid illustrations and rich descriptions to help breathe life into your zombies and liches.
"...What if I told you about the best book of monsters ever? The 5E Monster Manual just might be the one..."--Ed Grabianowski, io9.Gizmodo.com
"D&D acolytes are everywhere...Tech workers from Silicon Valley to Brooklyn have long-running campaigns, and the showrunners and the novelist behind 'Game of Thrones' have all been Dungeon Masters."--Neima Jahromi, The New Yorker
- The Monster Manual is one of the three main Dungeons & Dragons books, along with the Player's Handbook and the Dungeon Master's Guide. It's an essential resource for Dungeon Masters to use in populating any type of challenge they might contrive for their players.
- From an angel's wingspan to the vacant eyes of a zombie beholder, the Monster Manual includes more than 150 creatures illustrated in vivid color, with more than 400 quick reference tables to help you bring them to life with ease.
- Rich descriptions of each monster help trigger your imagination. From the familiar ("vampires hate sunlight") to the arcane ("what color is the vapor from a gorgon's nose?"), the Monster Manual helps inspire your decisions and keep the game flowing smoothly.
- In Dungeons & Dragons, you and your friends coauthor your own legend. Guided by a Dungeon Master, you create characters and play their roles in a story, rolling dice and navigating maps as you unfold a tale as limitless as your imagination.
- Dungeons & Dragons is the world's greatest roleplaying game. Created in 1974, D&D transformed gaming culture by blending traditional fantasy with miniatures and wargaming.