London: George Allen & Unwin Ltd., 1954
First edition, first printing.
- 8vo., full red cloth with gilt to spine.
- Top edge stained red.
- Folding map, printed in red & black, tipped in at rear.
- Lacking the dust jacket.
- Binding cocked, worn, with fraying to cloth at extremities & along 4" split to rear joint.
- Stains to rear board.
- Offset to endpapers, glue marks visible.
- Text is age-toned.
- Final pages creased along map lines; folding map with 1/2" horizontal tear mid-fold, left edge, not affecting image.
- Red stains to final page, fold of map, edges of rear free endpaper & paste down.
3,250 copies were in the first printing, November 11, 1954.