Synopses & Reviews
Years of experience as a magician taught Tim David that real magic is all about words, and the way they influence the minds of the audience. What sets a professional magician apart from an amateur are people skills like communication, influence, and engagementskills that are also effective in the workplace. By applying seven magic” words in a business setting, David offers tools for effective and persuasive communication.
You will learn:
- The secret word that Harvard psychologists discovered is the key to unlocking human motivation
- How one very special word (spoken only inside your mind) mysteriously has a profound positive impact on those around you
- The number one mistake that managers make during 1-on-1s, and the one simple word that can fix it all
- What Dale Carnegie dubs the sweetest sound in any language”
- How one tiny word can instantly change someones mind for the better
- The single word that an in-depth study of thousands of hours of call center recordings revealed as the quickest way to reduce differences and calm people down
- How the infamous But Eraser” works and why so many people mess it up
- The REAL magic behind the word thanks”
The seven words:
Magic Word #1 Because
Magic Word #2 "Name"
Magic Word #3 If
Magic Word #4 - But
Magic Word #5 - Absolutely
Magic Word #6 - Thanks
Magic Word #7 - Help
For markters, this book is among the most important books written in the last ten years. Journal of Mariketing Research
Influence should be required reading for all business majors. Journal of Retailing
This book will strike chords deep in the hearts and psyches of all of us. Best Sellers Magazine
The material in Cialdinis Influence is a proverbial gold mine. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology
“Whereas most communication advice is concerned with what to say or even how to say it, MAGIC WORDS
places the focus where it belongs: on the other person. Tim David offers keen insight into how to better connect with others in business and in life.”
—Adam Grant, New York Times bestselling author of Give and Take
, the classic book on persuasion, explains the psychology of why people say "yes"—and how to apply these understandings. Dr. Robert Cialdini is the seminal expert in the rapidly expanding field of influence and persuasion. His thirty-five years of rigorous, evidence-based research along with a three-year program of study on what moves people to change behavior has resulted in this highly acclaimed book.
You'll learn the six universal principles, how to use them to become a skilled persuader—and how to defend yourself against them. Perfect for people in all walks of life, the principles of Influence will move you toward profound personal change and act as a driving force for your success.
The widely adopted, now classic book on influence and persuasion--a major national and international bestseller with more than four million copies sold
In this highly acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Dr. Robert B. Cialdini--the seminal expert in the field of influence and persuasion--explains the psychology of why people say yes and how to apply these principles ethically in business and everyday situations.
You'll learn the six universal principles of influence and how to use them to become a skilled persuader--and, just as importantly, how to defend yourself against dishonest influence attempts:
- Reciprocation The internal pull to repay what another person has provided us.
- Commitment and Consistency: Once we make a choice or take a stand, we work to behave consistently with that commitment in order to justify our decisions.
- Social Proof: When we are unsure, we look to similar others to provide us with the correct actions to take. And the more, people undertaking that action, the more we consider that action correct.
- Liking: The propensity to agree with people we like and, just as important, the propensity for others to agree with us, if we like them.
- Authority: We are more likely to say "yes" to others who are authorities, who carry greater knowledge, experience or expertise.
- Scarcity: We want more of what is less available or dwindling in availability.
Understanding and applying the six principles ethically is cost-free and deceptively easy. Backed by Dr. Cialdini's 35 years of evidence-based, peer-reviewed scientific research--as well as by a three-year field study on what moves people to change behavior--Influence is a comprehensive guide to using these principles effectively to amplify your ability to change the behavior of others.
About the Author
was a professional magician for eight years; giving more than 300 live performances per year. In 2011 he was named the Top Mentalist in North America”. (Mentalism is a branch of magic that relies heavily on psychology.)
Hes consulted for Discoverys Brain Games, ABCs Whodunnit?, Showtimes Bulls**t with Penn and Teller, and a forthcoming magic series on A&E. He continues to practice and teach magic to thousands of magicians in over 70 countries around the world.
Since 2005, entrepreneurs and business professionals have been coming to Tim for his keen insights into how to influence the perceptions and actions of others. He now presents more than 100 full-day management training seminars each year in addition to his home-study courses, audio programs, ebooks, and online training programs.
Hes a psychology nerd, a neuroscience addict, and an all-around serious student of the mind and brain. More importantly, hes adept at translating the latest techno-babble into entertaining text that provides usable, practical tips for the real world.
His clients include 3M, Bayer, Verizon, Citizen's Bank, Burger King, Hyundai, and W.B. Mason among many others.