Synopses & Reviews
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Vancouver is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Browse Granville Island Public Market, see an exhibition at the Vancouver Art Gallery, or pop into the bars, restaurants and boutiques of Gastown; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Vancouver and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Vancouver
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out sheet-map Vancouver map (included in print version), plus over 6 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Downtown, West End, Gastown, Chinatown, Yaletown, Granville Island, Fairview, South Granville, Kitsilano and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Vancouver, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Vancouver's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Vancouver guide.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, gift and lifestyle books and stationery, as well as an award-winning website, magazines, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)