Synopses & Reviews
Hospitality is a people industry, and this textbook will teach readers how to manage the important human resources who provide services within a hospitality operation. They'll learn how to fulfill the requirements of U.S. employment and workplace laws, and discover the latest strategies for attracting employees, minimizing turnover, and maximizing productivity.
- The impact of the post-recession economy on recruiting, selection, retention, and turnover
- How companies use social media to learn about job applicants
- The role of technology in performance appraisals
- The latest trends in effective incentive programs and industry benefits
- The changing face of unions and new trends in organizing and collective bargaining
- Social responsibility and sustainability measures, including what companies are doing (and not doing) right
About the Author
About the Educational Institute
We Train The Best!
The American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) is the premier source for delivering quality hospitality education, training and professional certification that serves the needs of hospitality schools and industries worldwide.
The AHLEI meets and exceed its education and training mission by providing materials for all levels of hospitality personnel via: online learning, distance learning courses, videos, seminars, textbooks, and study guides.
Professional certification from the AHLEI is the ultimate distinction of professional excellence for the hospitality industry. It certifies and validates competencies in conjunction with academia and industry experts for over 35 positions in the hospitality industry; designations from front-line to general manager, including the prestigious CHA - the Certified Hotel Administrator.
Table of Contents
Employment Laws and Applications
Job Analysis and Job Design
Planning and Recruiting
Orientation and Culture
Training and Development
Evaluating Employee Performance
Incentives and Benefits Administration
Negotiation and Collective Bargaining
Health, Safety, and Employee Assistance Programs
Turnover, Discipline, and Exits
Social Responsibility and Ethics